Monday, March 2, 2009

Speech Therapy

I've always attended Speech Therapy since I started school until I graduated HS. A way to get out of class for awhile was good enough for me. During my Sr. year me and my teacher agreed that I would just practice on the letters and sound I had prob with, which are D, S, T , & the 2 TH sounds. During that time I "fell in love" with Ryan Cameron's show on the radio and whenever I got a chance to be on either his show or this other one called "Ralph From Ben Hill" I'd taped it and play it for my teacher. We'd basically go over my mistakes because I am never that conscious of how I pronounce things as I'm talking. I hate the sound of my voice at times however there are shows I like to call into & when I finally hear myself after it's posted I'm either cringing or seriously listening to myself. I'm conscious in the beginning, but after a minute or 2 I forget.I honestly miss it.

No comments: