Monday, December 8, 2008

Gifts

I have this friend who I met through my brother's gf, I met him 2 weeks before my birthday{last yr} and about a month later he bought me an ipod as a late b.day present cause he really wanted me to have one. I had no interest in getting one, It took me a long time to really accept it as mine. I accepted the gift, but to really embrace it was a different story. B4 him I was with someone who would give me stuff whether I wanted it or not and liked to throw it back in my face of how he gave me stuff when he got mad so I was kinda sensitive to the gift giving situation. I never felt I was gonna have to mention that rule so soon. He always told me he'd never do that to me and he hasn't. I bring up the ipod cause now it's not working and there is a part of me scrambling to figure out how I'm gonna get a new one. I've actually had someone else offer to buy me a new one, but I turned him down. My whole response on the ipod buying situation was that "I don't love myself that much". The price for it is not something I wanna pay, but now I'm sorta lonely without it. I still buy CD's{1,050}, I doubt I will ever stop.



We just have a convo about this an hour ago and I just needed to vent.

No comments: