Thursday, December 4, 2008

Physical stuff

My brother and I are 10, almost 11 yrs apart. He's the oldest. I adore my brother. Along with my parents he is my best friend. I always say they are all I have. The house that my parents and I live in is my childhood home. They have been there since my brother was 5. Unless I get married, I see myself in that house for the rest of my life if I can help it.

I had a normal childhood even though I was born with a birth defect....I was born with a cleft palate, which meant the roof of my mouth was non existant, my nose wasn't quite right and my top lip was split. Over the yrs I've had several reconstructive surgeries to improve my appearance. The last one was about 2 years ago I think. Because of all of that it makes me sound like I have a cold all the time and of course it's worse when I do have one. I also had fluid on my brain so they inserted a shunt which drains it...Honestly I have no idea if it works & mama wants me to have it checked out and maybe get it removed, but I don't want to, I have a fear of dying because of it. I also walk with a limp..leg longer than the other, have had casts on both as a child to correct it, it's noticable at times.

My parents I am truly thankful for even if I can sometimes seem ungrateful.

6 days til their 44th anniv and even though they don't celebrate it.{found out that dad is the one who didn't want to.} I always find ways of adknowledging it. Even have a tattoo with a heart, their initials, & the year they got married on my leg which I got 2 yrs ago.

No comments: