Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Going out

I don't go out as much I did maybe a year or so ago. I always went by myself, not really by choice it's because I could never get anyone willing to go with me. I'm a huge fan of this one group called Heavy Mojo, they are a local band here in Atlanta & I first found out about them through Myspace, one of the members friended me, as a matter of fact December 30th will make it 4yrs I've been a member even though I rarely check it.{sidenote: someone deleted me, but I have no clue who it was, as long as it wasn't one of my top 40 I am not too mad. LOL!} So I've been a fan of the group for about 3yrs I guess...anyway, anytime they did a show at Andrew's upstairs or Centerstage I'd buy a ticket. I would spend no more than $8 cause it would be just them and some group that would open for them. The page would say it was gonna start at 8 or 9, but it was always later, they would usually come on about 11, didn't get off til about almost 2am. I was always sad cause there were more white people in attendance it seems than black folks. I always had a plan as soon as the opening band ended I'd go to the restroom then move towards the stage cause they love the interaction with the crowd and I would plant mysaelf on the edge of the stage cause that standing was not gonna cut it. I rather sit uncomfy than stand. I miss seeing them..they've been on the road lately so not too many home shows. I found out a few months ago that the dude who friended me actually graduated from the same HS I did 2 yrs b4 me. I wonder if that's one of the reasons why he added me in the first place cause it's not on his profile, but it's on mine. I have such a crush on him too. http://heavymojomusic.com/

No comments: